I am a list maker to the core. I usually have 4-5 separate lists all going daily. Lists of lists of lists.. you get the idea.. (teuxdeux is my favorite list managing website, by the way). So it's only natural that I make a list of some goals at the beginning of the year. There's something about writing it down (or typing it out) that makes you feel THAT much more inspired to actually accomplish it.
(same quote from last year.. it's too good though)
Here's a few of my goals for the year:
1. Stop complaining - This was one from last year too but I think it should be at the top of every year. This is especially important now that social media has become a prime place to complain.. it's pretty silly. This is what I said about it last year. "If you make a conscious effort to not complain, even about the tiniest things, chances are you'll forget about it within a few minutes and you'll have a whole lot less negativity in your life. (When you do this you'll start to notice how much people around you complain, but don't be tempted to point it out.. lead by example)."
2. Read a book a month - I used to read a TON, but in 2011 i only read like.. 3 books? One a month is definitely doable even with my busy schedule. Damned by Chuck Palahnuik is the first on the list. Have you read any great books lately? I'll need some recommendations.
3. Experiment with video projects - Now that I have the equipment in my possession, I want to do lots of video projects this year. Quick recipes, DIY projects and just for fun daily life montages.
4. Split my working time equally between the dress making biz and photography biz. - Both are my biggest passions, and I don't want to see either one fall to the side.
5. Last but not least, Get better at returning texts/emails/phonecalls - Sometimes I am the WORST at this. I truly care about each thing but I far too often check them when I'm too busy to reply and they go unnoticed until its too late (weeks/months) and I feel incredibly rude. So new rule, don't check until I have the time to respond.
Those are my goals.. Simple and doable!