Wednesday, February 2, 2011

WHAT I ATE - FEB 1


what i ate
what i ate
breakfast - sprouted wheat flax bread with coconut oil and black tea

what i ate
what i ate
what i ate
mid-morning snack - beet-apple-carrot juice

You'll need: 1 large beet (size of baseball)
1 apple
2 carrots

Juice away.
(word of warning: your entire mouth will be bright pink/red)

what i ate

lunch - brown rice bowl with black beans, heirloom tomatoes, avocado, and homemade yumm sauce. with a side of brussel sprouts

what i ate

dinner - spinach wrap with hummus, heirloom tomatoes, cucumber, brown rice and avocado.

not pictured:
afternoon snack - chips and salsa
post-run snack: 1/4 cup walnuts

it was all so delicious!

14 comments:

  1. This looks so good! I love all of the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so guilty about all the crap I ate after reading this post! :3 what does coconut oil taste like? x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never had beet juice before but everything looks super yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That juice looks to die for. I am so envious of your juicer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your food looks so healthy and yummy! I've looked so hard to find flaxseed bread, but I can't find it. Love hummus :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen coconut oil in stores and been intrigued. What can you actually use it for?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tass - coconut oil on toast tastes JUST like butter to me.. i swear to you!

    Nicki - i use it in everything. baking, cooking, plain (on toast, or veggies), you can also use it in your hair, and on your skin. its my favorite food product ever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the looks of your lunch! What's in homemade yumm sauce, if you don't mind my asking? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love this!! all your noms look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Abi, I have to ask...you just moved to the Seattle area right? Would you mind sharing where you do your thrifting? I have been wanting to venture out but I am not sure where to start other than antique stores and they are not always reasonably priced :).

    welcome to the area by the way (or welcome back as the case may be :))!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my goodness. this food looks incredible!
    thank you for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh wow. I am so hungry and this all looks so good!!!

    what's in yum sauce? that rice bowl looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just made this juice! It is delicious, I drinking it right now.
    yEs, coconut oil can be used for almost anything!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh gosh, all this looks so good. I feel really guilty now about the way I eat! I really want to find some coconut oil after reading this and try it on toast...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please say hi!

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS