Thursday, November 4, 2010

grow your own wheat grass

wheat grass

Isn't it pretty?? Whether you want to grow it for home decor or to juice, you can in less than a week.
I bought some wheat berries in bulk at a grocery store for less than 50 cents. And here's what i did:
Fill a container with soil.

wheat grass

Sprinkle wheat berries on top. And cover them with a thin layer of soil.
wheat grass

Set containers somewhere that gets sun. And be sure to water everyday.
And in 5-6 days you'll have a huge thing of wheat grass.
your house with have some life. your cats will graze. and you can juice it.
wheat grass
wheat grass

6 comments:

  1. I had no idea I could grow wheat grass from wheat berries! (duh.) I have a bunch in my pantry! Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those would be so pretty around our entertainment center....hmmm i may need to plant some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love these little wooden containers-where are they from?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy moly Abi, this is such an amazing post! I didnt know it was this easy to grow. I'm going to track down some seeds this week. Can you do a post with recipes you use wheat grass in? I'm afraid what might pop up if I google haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! So cute, love these pics.. Take a look on my blog and feel free to follow me, I'm following you. I would love if we could follow each other, ohh and if you have twitter you can add me too or facebook . I would be so glad. ♥, Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want have to know more and more, on your blog just interesting and useful information.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please say hi!

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS