Thursday, December 31, 2009

not resolutions, just goals

My husband and I went to the park today to have a picnic and write down what we wanted to accomplish this coming year. The both of us get super excited about our life goals and we decided it'd be fun to write down some big ones we could accomplish in a year. Most of which are for us individually, but some as a couple. We even have a timeline of which ones "should" be done by a certain time. I am super-freak-organization type person that has a million lists going on at once so these kind of things get me excited excited excited!

Here are a few small ones I wanted to share:
1. run a half marathon - i've been running since I was in junior high so its about time I get my butt in gear and actually do something big. I wanted to aim for a full marathon but I'm shooting low and if I run the half marathon no problem, I'll go for the full one and get to mark 2 things off the list.

2. design and sew a dress without a pattern, tutorial, ect.


3. learn to play the piano



4. finish 10 paintings (big or small) - i took drawing/painting for many many years and have been completely uninspired to use what I learned until recently. so 10!

then there's a few maybe unrealistic ones..

meet taylor swift


&

move back to washington



Hope you all have a safe and happy new year.

5 comments:

  1. I like this approach - goals not resolutions. good luck with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I share your admiration for Taylor Swift! She's such a talented young woman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your blog - is there any way to subscribe via email or on facebook????

    THANKS!!!

    Gretchen
    gretchencm@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your blog and your goals. i have a few unrealistic ones too ... but i wasn't brave to post them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want have to know more and more, on your blog just interesting and useful information.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please say hi!

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS